THE OTHER FALLEN
This painting is dedicated to those whose despair was so great they saw suicide as their only option.
The portrait in the left quadrant is that of Corporal John James Gordon, ‘Jamie’ McMullin who took his own life on June 17, 2011.
The work and lives of these soldiers is deeply appreciated and we honour them.
Several volunteer artists participated the creation of this painting with each one painting a section/s.
- Susan Abma - portrait Cpl jamie McMullin and suicide note
- Susan Box - pounding a door searching for help and hands reaching out
- David Brooks - isolation and PTSD bandage
- Terry Elrod - stop the dreams
- Margaret Klappstein - angry storm
- Tracey Mardon - tears
- Cindy Revell - Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde and looking over his shoulder
- Michelle Ross - puzzle of PTSD and a shattered mirror
- Laura Watmough - the stigma of PTSD
POETRY AND BOOK EXCERPTS BY:
Ned Vizzini, It’s Kind of a Funny Story
C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain